Saturday, April 25, 2009

Fourth Step


After a very involved third step, I knew I wanted to keep the fourth one really simple. I kind of stumbled onto it. I dumped out my old purse while looking for my sunglasses, and besides discovering a ROTTEN EGG (I almost lost my lunchies), I found something I'd done a couple of months ago at MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers group at church). It was a laminated card with 2 Bible verses on it, which I had chosen specifically for my kids and put each of their names into "his or her" verse. Clare's is Psalm 5:11 and Charlie's is Proverbs 3:7-8. All I did was finally cut them out of the laminated sheet and put them in my windowsill. But it has been encouraging to pray for them through those verses while I wash dishes, and it sparks other prayers for them. I've enjoyed praying through The Power of a Praying Wife for them each day too--I'll pray for Clare with one chapter and Charlie for the next, then the next day pray for Clare with the Charlie chapter from the day before and so on. Cleaning out the purse was an added bonus, although I need to air it out some more. I hope the rotten egg smell does not stay permanently (at least the baggie had not leaked). So dumping a purse = a step toward spiritual health for me and my kids. But I still need some sunglasses! It's a beautiful weekend out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It! Pin it!